Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It is crazy around here

Early yesterday morning Mom & Dad left for Oregon. They got a call on Sunday saying that Dad's Dad (technically my step-grandfather, who I have never meet) only has about 48 hours to live. His body has started to shut-down and he is unresponsive. Dad & his Dad do not have a great relationship and this is very hard for him. Don't have any further updates as of now on what the status is out there. ***UPDATE*** Alex passed away yesterday.

Since Mom & Dad are out of town, I'm camping out upstairs. Needless to say, I don't sleep well in Mom's room but especially this time since Charlie is in a lot of pain with really bad arthritis in his hip (bone on bone). He was crying last night and then tried sleeping with me, which all that meant is that neither one of us got any sleep. Hopefully tonight will be better.

No comments: