Monday, January 28, 2008

Playing with Pictures

Since I have just started this blog, I decided that I wanted to play and learn how to do all of those cool things that I have seen on other people's blogs. I have already learned how to add a main picture and side bar pictures. I have also figured out how to do links. Now I'm learning how to add pictures to my post.


I was reading MapperSnapper's blog and she had a great picture of a shrimp boat that was taken on the Gulf Coast pre-Katrina. That brought back memories of my childhood growin up in New Orleans. This first picture is of our family camp and was taken 1 year before Katrina hit.

These next pictures were taken this past September and show the what Katrina did. The camp was located on Lake Cathrine, which feeds from Lake Ponchatrain in New Orleans.



If you look close you can see the stick on soap dish still stuck to the tile. No wonder you can't get those things off, they can even surive a cat 5 hurricane. The wall and bathtub were from one of the bathrooms in the camp.

This final picture is of me standing in under the spot that I was standing when I took that first picture. What a difference a year makes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Devastating I am sure! Interesting before & after shots though

Dayna said...

That is facinating. I can't believe the soap. Thanks for visiting my blog... come back anytime!