Thursday, November 17, 2011

11/13/11

November 13th at 2:30 morning, Grandma had been gone for one month! It is still as hard as the it was a month ago. That day was even harder though, because it was also my birthday. Needless to say, I didn't get my birthday wish because all I wanted was one more day with Grandma. Logically, I know that she is in a better place. A place where she is no longer in pain, and is whole and health and is probably fishing with Grandpa again (Grandpa died in 95 from lung cancer). She was ready to go, but I wasn't ready for her to go yet. It all seemed to happen so fast, just one month from diagnosis. I'm glad that she didn't suffer any more. It was just hard, and it isn't getting easier!!!

Now the holidays are upon us! The first ones without her here and it will be hard sitting down at the Thanksgiving Table with her spot empty. It will just be Mom, Dad and I.

No comments: