Wednesday, July 20, 2011

If I Could

I am having to adjust to a new plan for this next school. Due to budget issues our county school board decided that in secondary schools (middle and high school) that they would have one "in house" sub and will only just substitute teachers for long term situations (like maternity leave, extended illness, ect.), daily substitute teachers will only be used in elementary schools - at least that is the plan for now (my personal opinion is that isn't going to work). I have not substituted elementary school since my first year subbing, and even then it was only occasionally. I have always preferred the secondary schools. I do have peace about this for this season.

With all of that said I was thinking how nice it would be if I won the lottery and didn't have to work to pay the bills. If I could, I would love to volunteer for the rest of my life. I LOVE helping out a dear friend in her classroom and subbing for her. (She is a middle school teacher, so I I won't be able to sub for her. I might be able to sub for her three day trips and I can still help and cover (read..sub without getting paid) for her.) I also love helping out at my church in the church office during the week with different things that they I need, and have really enjoyed being able to do that this summer while once of our church secretaries are out on maternity leave. I just LOVE volunteer work. Too bad I don't know anyone who has won the lottery so that I just volunteer for the rest of my life.

Oh well, for now I will enjoy volunteering with I can and sub to pay the bills.


1 comment:

Laura~peach~ said...

i so know what you mean!