Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fall Is Here

Well it is starting to feel like fall in NW Georgia. The high this week is only suppose to be in the upper 70s and the lows are down into the 40s. It is breezy and beautiful outside. Unfortunately my allergies do not agree. This is the time of year that I LOVE walking around campus...not so hot that you feel like you will melt by the time you get to class and not so cold that you feel like a popsicle either. I enjoy running around in a pair of jeans and a light sweater or t-shirt and light jacket, hair up in ponytail.....just comfortable.

Well it is hard to believe but I'm past mid-terms in my fall semester....for me fall really starts with fall classes in August, but it takes a while for the weather to catch on. For those of you that still read here and didn't catch my previous post, I have majorly slowed down the pace of my classes. With Mom & Dad being sick and Grandma being Grandma, it just felt like what I needed to do. I might pick things back up in the spring or I might just keep thing at a more relaxed pace. I haven't decided yet.

Speaking of Mom & Dad. It turns out that Mom did have a stroke. She is now in PT and plans to return back to work the middle of this month. She is now on Plavix, along with everyone else except me, to try to prevent another stroke. We are pretty sure that Dad had pancreatits again, but he is being stubbor (I lovingly call him the King of Denial) and is refusing to go to the doctor. Mom has told him all of the implications, but he doesn't want to deal with it. Mom isn't going to fight with him anymore, the stress of fighting with him puts her health in jeopardy and we don't need both of them in the hospital. Grandma is in a lot of pain and is now having trouble walking and is getting very short of breath, but we expected it with her pulmonary hypertension and other health issues. I can't really blame her for not wanting to go to the doctor, unlike Dad there really isn't that they can do to help improve her quality of life since if they tried surgery there is a very good chance that she wouldn't survive.

Well that takes care of everyone but me! I'm staying super busy with classes, subbing, church and of course family. These days I'm spending a lot of time at Starbucks studying because home just isn't very conducive to studying. Plus it is just nice to get out of the house for awhile and not to deal with all of the drama. I'm still subbing once or twice a week (or working with my friend) and keeping super busy with church also. I have "limited" myself to working in the Worship Arts department, but I'm involved in everything that departments covers....main tech team, kids tech team, choir, choir leader, Kidz Choir leader, ect. That is why I put limited in quotes...because I didn't really limit myself at all, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!!

Oh by the way I have changed my blog layout to match the season..it was time to get rid of the spring/summer layout!

1 comment:

Ness said...

I have missed out on so much in your family's life! Sorry about your mom's stroke. I'm on aspirin therapy since my mom died of a stroke in 1968. I admire your tenaciousness in getting through your courses. You amaze me with your drive! Take care and have a great rest of the week.