Monday, January 4, 2010

Perseverance in 2010

Mo at Mojoy challenged people to come up with one word to be their word of the year (she got the idea from another blog)!!! I decided on the word PERSEVERANCE!! I have this bad habit of wanting to quit whenever I think that I might fail at something. I have stated before that I often set unreasonable expectations for myself, and want everything to be perfect. So when things get tough, instead of risking failing and not being good enough, I quit.

Romans 5: 3-4 says " We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop perseverance. And perseverance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. "

I did a search for the word the perseverance in the bible and it is found in 21 verses and is talking about us, as followers, every time. The word perfect appears in 43 verses, but not one time was it used in reference to us!!! If we could be perfect then we wouldn't need a Savior.

So this year my word is perseverance!!! It means taking risk and from time to time failing, but pressing though.

No comments: