Friday, September 26, 2008

Top 10 reasons Hurricane Season is like Christmas

My Aunt, from NOLA, sent me this and I thought I would share. Sorry it isn't a "real" post about my daily life - after all that is the title of my blog, but my "daily brain" is sort of dead right now. I promise you a post this weekend.

Top Ten Reasons Hurricane Season Is Like Christmas

Number Ten:
Decorating the house (with plywood).

Number Nine:
Dragging out boxes that haven't been used since last season.

Number Eight:
Last minute shopping in crowded stores.

Number Seven:
Regular TV shows pre-empted for 'Specials'.

Number Six:
Family coming to stay with you.

Number Five:
Family and friends from out of state calling you.

Number Four:
Buying food you don't normally buy . . . and in large quantities.

Number Three:
Days off from work.

Number Two:
Candles.

And the Number One reason Hurricane Season is like Christmas:
At some point you're probably going to have a tree in your house!


I know that some people might have a problem with this, but as someone who has lived though a ton of Hurricanes (also remember this is from somebody who had water in their house during Katrina) you have to find a way to laugh. Laughter brings hope, and until there is hope you can't start to recover.

2 comments:

MaBunny said...

I find that post funny as all get out! I just popped over here from Silence is Broken - I saw this post title on her blog roll and head to check it out! Glad I did:)
Hope on over to visit sometime, would ove to see you and I will be back;)

kim-d said...

What strikes me about these Top 10 Reasons is how true they all are! Thankfully, I have never been anywhere near a hurricane, although MN can have some pretty dicey tornado weather. Ugh, to all of it!

Looking forward to your brain regenerating...BWAHAHA!