Monday, August 25, 2008

Puggles


Today I thought I would post about the AWANA program that I'm working with. For those of you who are not similar with what AWANA is, think of it as sort of a Christian Club that is similar to scouts. The children and leaders have uniforms that they wear every week and they can earn awards for attendance, wearing their uniform (which is their club vest or T-shirt - depends on the age and tennis shoes), memorizing their bible verses, and completing sections in their work book. Most of these awards and things are for the older children, however we have come up with our own Puggle version. In Puggles they still have a uniform, t-shirt and tennise shoes, and we are doing bible memory with them, execpt at this level instead of doing one verse every week or every 2 weeks, they do one verse every quarter - which is 8 weeks. They also can earn sticker awards for being nice, helping a friend, sitting well, wearing their uniform, ect. on a "punch card" of types and when they earn 8 stickers they get a trip to the treasurer chest. Last week was kind of rough since we had so many more kids than we were planning on and since it was the first week of club. However I think this is going to be a blast.

I don't know how many of you know, I know that Ness does, that one of my hobbies is doing desktop publishing, hence why my blog design changes ALL the time. So since my little Puggles do not have a workbook like everyone else, we do take home card instead, I made them a booklet for thier bible memory so that they could be like the big kids. Many of the kids in my group have older sisters and brother I didn't want them to feel left out.

That is about it for today. I did find out that I didn't get one of the jobs that I applied for in the school system, but hopefully one of them will. I still haven't heard about the one that I really want yet.

2 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

sounds like a fun group and cool hobby :)
hugs Laura

Ness said...

Those Puggles are going to remember you for the rest of their lives and all the things you taught them. It takes a village to raise a child, Steph, and you're doing a wonderful job in the lives of your Puggles. Take care. Hugs and prayers to you. The job will come in God's time.