Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's Offical...

I have completely lost my mind. Why, oh why, else would I decide to go back to school after just finishing? It isn't that I even really enjoy school that much, I find it to be pain and stressful most of the time. But it is true, I'm going back to school to get my teachers certification in elementary education. My BA is in Business Technology Education for grades 6-12, however my certification expired about 6-7 years ago. One of the reasons that I didn't end up teaching then was because of the curse of elective teachers in the state of Florida. When you teach a class that students don't have to take you get the shaft at every turn, or at least that is the way if felt to me. *******Disclaimer************* At "My Daily Life" you get my true and heartfelt feeling, they are not aimed to offend or to pass judgment. They are though to express my feelings and experiences.******************
I agree that Math, Science and Reading are important, however in the global economy we live now so are basic computer skill and the practical skills that are not taught in most traditional classes. Enough of my soapbox though. I love working with young children to give them a strong foundation and a love for learning that will serve them the rest of their lives, so I'm going back to school in the spring. The reason I know that I must be insane is because I now have an advance degree that I'm not even going to use (hence why most people didn't even know that I received it - I did kind of hinted to the fact though). Oh well, I got that because my former employer wanted me to have it and I'm not one to quit once I have started something.

Other than that, not too much is going on around here. My car was having some issues yesterday with it running hot, but my Dad was able to fix it for me. Yesterday I submitted my application for the school system to become a paraprofessional while I'm working on my certification and also signed up for the mandatory subbing class.

TTYL!!

4 comments:

Ness said...

You're going to school because it is the right thing to do for you at this time. You are not a person to sit idle. Go for it and know I'm proud of you and your efforts!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Yeah for you!

And thanks for today's comment. I will try to look at it through your silver lining. :)

Hallie

kimmy said...

Going back to school is a wonderful opportunity! Enjoy!

Kimmy

Laura ~Peach~ said...

follow your dreams ~ You are such an inspiration!
Love n hugs Laura