Saturday, June 7, 2008

New Look - Special Meaning

I changed the look of my blog for a special reason. We just passed Memorial Day, Flag Day is coming up on the 14th of June and of course Independence Day is just around the corner on July 4th. I updated the music to all patriotic music. This isn't to make a political statement necessarily, however sometimes I think we forget how fortunate we are to live in this country. Many of my blog friends have family in the armed forces and I want to remember all of our men & women who defend the rights that many times we take for granted. Hallie's son CJ is in the Air Force, Ness' son Michael is in the Army and my cousin is also in the Air Force. With all of the attention on the election comming up for President, who happen to also be the Commander in Cheif of the Armed Forces, we need to remember the people who secured the right to choose who we want to lead us.

Hope I didn't get on a soapbox, but what you see is what you get here at My Daily Life.

4 comments:

Ness said...

OMG I love-love-LOVE the song and the flag!!! I have a special post for Flag Day that I received in email the other day. You can never talk too much about our Armed Forces. God bless them and you for mentioning them.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT. AWESOME NEW LOOK.

HALLIE

Laura ~Peach~ said...

I love it too... I have several family members who are active duty!
more who are retired... Love the blog look and music...
HUGS The MELTING peach LOL

Anonymous said...

Love the new look. Love the statement of the election, if I am reading ya right ;) I agree completely! You go girl!