Monday, June 20, 2011

Change is on the way....

and I don't like change! Well at least not change that I didn't choose. I have a friend who is a principal in one of the elementary schools and he told me that they are getting rid of substitute teachers in the secondary schools and replace them with ONE paraprofessional in each school. HELLO - I am a secondary substitute teacher!!! I can substitute elementary schools, but that isn't my area. I am applying for the paraprofessional position, but considering there are only 7 secondary schools there is a chance that I won't get it. Part of my concern is that I'm getting towards the end of my program and I don't know if a principal would hire someone who might only be in the position for a year. Although after three years as a substitute, primarily at one school, and with two teachers and one principal as references I hope I have a good chance. If it doesn't, I do have a backup plan. I will sub in the elementary schools in the county and get on the list to sub in the City schools. In Georgia they have different schools systems for cities (Cartersville isn't a big city by any stretch of the imagination, but big enough for it's own school system of 4 schools) and Counties. I don't have the connection that I have in the county secondary school system in either the elementary schools or the City schools, but thankfully I do have a few to help me get started.

I'm supper stressed right now. I feel like I did when I found out that they were closing our site for Xerox and we just didn't know when our final day was. I don't like this limbo feeling, of not know what I'm doing this week.

No comments: