The charming Willow of Willow Manor was interviewed by Steph at Incurable Insomniac . Then Willow interviewed Daryl, Daryl interviewed Peach (Laura), and now Peach is interviewing me. Peach (Laura) offered to interview anyone who left 'interview' in their comment, and I will, too.
1. Has blogging done all you expected to aid in the move from Florida to Georgia? In what ways?
Blogging helped me a great deal in my move from Florida to Georgia. Blogging gave me a group of friends that I “could take with me” from Florida to Georgia without the dynamic change that I was feeling in leaving all of my friends in Florida.
2. Has going "home" changed how you look at life as compared to when you lived in Florida away from family?
Moving to Georgia and in with my family has changed how I look at things more that I ever imagined. I was very reluctant to move up, but because I was out of work for so long I didn’t feel that I had an option. However with the all of the health issues that my family has had and now wanting to change careers, it has been such a blessing. Even though I have wonderful friends in Florida who are like family and my sister and brother-in-law in Florida I really enjoy being closer to my parents and grandmother.
3. IF you had the chance to choose between a maid or chef to do all the cooking or cleaning for the rest of your life which do you choose and why?
If I had to choose between being a maid or a chef I would choose being a chef, no doubt. I don’t mind cooking and I love baking, however I can’t stand cleaning. I only clean because I HAVE to, in fact when I was single I was trying to find someone cheep to clean my small apartment.
4. Have you thought of turning your hobby (blog designs) into a business?
I have thought about it, especially when I wasn’t working, to earn some extra money. I decided against it though because right now it is something that I can do to relax and if it was a business then it would became a “HAVE TO” instead of a “WANT TO”.
5. In what ways has teaching changed your life? If you had it to do over again would you still do the same? (Teachers are right up there with GOD in the patience department in my opinion ...I could NEVER be a teacher)
My BA is in education, and I did decide to do something else from a bad experience and spent 6 years at Xerox. So this is my do-over and I’m choosing to go back into education. I have changed my focus though, from Business Education to Special Education – Inclusion. At this point I do not think I would go back to the corporate world, however I have learned to “never say never” since I said at one point that I would NEVER go back into teaching.
Here's the directions:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.