Saturday, January 24, 2009

Crazy, Crazy, Crazy

First of all, I really want to thank Ness for updating for me on Wednesday. It is nice to know that you have friends to call when things start going insane.

Grandma is still in the hospital. With the exception of this past Tuesday when she was home, she has been in the hospital or hospital rehab for a month now. She is doing better, but is still not doing well. They diagnosed her with a hyper thyroid, for those of you who aren't up on your medical jargon that mean it works too much, and that is causing her to have issues with her heart. Twice now she has gone into an afib rhythm and once her pulse got up to over 180 on Thursday night. They are trying to adjust her medication for the heart and thyroid now to find the correct levels. We are hoping that she will get out sometime this next week. We thought it might be as early as Monday but she went into afib again tonight and we want them to keep her until we are sure that is resolved.

If we didn't have enough going on with Grandma, Dad had a stomach virus all day yesterday. I made sure that I stayed as far away from him as I could get. He is doing much better today though. Thankfully he only had a 24 hour bug.

Mom is staying at the hospital with Grandma. She is worn out and just getting over a bad case of bronchitis from getting so warn out the last time she had to camp out with Grandma. She seems to be doing ok now, but she is really worn out. Between work and everything with Grandma she hasn't had a break since Thanksgiving. I'm doing my best to help her, but I don't do the medical stuff and the doctors come in early when I'm working.

As for me, I'm working still as a sub everyday and then going to the hospital after I get off of work. I'm doing ok, thank goodness I haven't gotten sick also, however like everyone else I'm worried about Grandma and don't feel quite up to norm.

I have been told not to apologize for venting or posting medical updates, so I will just say that I hope everything calms down soon. The title of my blog is "My Daily Life" and right now this is it.

Have a good weekend!!
Steph

4 comments:

kimmy said...

No need to apologize Steph. This is your blog and you can write about anything you'd like!!!!

Hope you are well!

Kimmy

Laura ~Peach~ said...

that is what blogging is all about sharing the good the bad the fun the sad the needs and cares. It is all about who YOU are and this is all a part of you. We love you and want to know so we can join you in prayers cause prayers are not just for the bad tmies!
Hugs Laura

Ness said...

Keeping Grandma and all of you in my prayers. Make sure to read on Peach's blog the entry on the Tea Cup. It is phenomenal. Major hugs to you, my girl!

Debbie said...

This is your blog Hon, to do with as you please, and if you didn't blog about your grandma or other medical issues, how would we know to pray for them?

My prayers are with your family. Hope everyone ios feeling well soon.

God Bless~
Debbie