Monday, July 7, 2008

Time to play catch up

Hi Everyone,

It is time to play catch up. At the end of last month things kind of hit hard around here. Everyone is still is ok health, but my emotional health took a beating. As of June 29th, it was excatly 10 months ago that I walked out of my former job for the last time. In my plans, by now I would be working again and in the process of getting my life back to "normal". I heard a quote awhile back and think it is so true, "The only that that is normal is the setting on the dryer." When I get like this I tend to retreat, so that is what happend. I do have some job leads though, mostly at the school board. I also found out this weekend that the Superindent of the school system attends my church. My Associate Pastor is going to make a call for me and introduce me next week. So hopefully something will work out. I KNOW that everything happens for a reason and that things will work out in God's timing. It is just hard at times, so at right now I'm doing my best to live what I KNOW and not what I FEEL - because they are way different.

In my major funk, I did decide that I needed to start working on a goal other than finding a job. Something that would be healthy and help shift my focus. I have started to train for the 3 day, 60 mile breast cancer work for October 2009. I have been overweight my entire life, so this will be a challenge. I think that it will be something that will make me healther and is a wonderful cause. I'm also going to try to help out that this years walk as a volunteer or crew memeber. I have figured that part out yet. I don't want to commit right now because I hope by then that I'm a working girl and I don't know what my schedule will be.

I think that catches everyone up. Have a good day.

5 comments:

kimmy said...

Good luck with the walk. It is for a wonderful cause and can help so many people. I know you will be fine...

Kimmy

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

You go girl!!!!


Hallie :)

Kellan said...

The walk is so abitious and I am proud of you! I've been walking a little each day - takes every ounce of will power I can muster. Good luck and keep your chin up - Kellan

melanie, aka Mo said...

You go girl... coming from someone who is about 87 pounds lighter... there is nothing you can do for yourself that could be any sweeter. Remember that. I feel so much better. Melanie

Laura ~Peach~ said...

hugs and cool deal on the walk!
all in Gods time I am sure he has a plan for you!