Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Favorite Year In School...

The winning blog title was from Ness and it was to talk about my favorite year in school.
My favorite year of school was my Senior year in high school. I was not much of a student, but loved business classes. I was able to take at least one business class every year, but during my senior year I took 2 full year classes and one half year class along with able to help in the front office the entire year. An additonal plus was that my favorite teacher from high school taught my two full year business classes.



The other highlight of my senior year was that I was in Marching Band, playing claranet. I was a kid that was really involved my senior year, in addition to band, I was part of SADD (Students Against Driving Drunk, it has now changed to Students Against Destrutive Dessions), SGA, FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America).

Well there you have it, the winning entry. I wish I had pictures (other then the generic), but I don't have a scanner handy.

Steph

3 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

sooo cool.... my junior or senior year i was in SADD it was the first year it was started...
you were one busy girl!
very cool!
HUGS Laura

Ness said...

Oh Steph, I love the changes! And glad I could help with a blog subject. You were a real go getter...I didn't get involved much in high school. I was in 3 different high school and not a bit happy that I had to move from Belleville(where I live now) and my 1st high school after my sophomore year because my dad remarried his ex-wife(mother of his 4 children-my half siblings that I didn't know about until my mother's wake). They divorced the year after we moved so we moved to the town my mother had lived in and I went my senior year to my 3rd high school. I worked as a secretary at a grade school for the first half of the day and then took classes the rest of the day. It was a Work Ed program. I was on track to graduate at the end of my Junior year but the 2nd high school(15 in my junior class) didn't offer the classes I needed so I couldn't graduate. Anyway sounds like you had a ball and that's what high school is all about(besides the learning--lol)

Kellan said...

I am hoping my son will be interested in being in band when he goes to Middle School - he plays the guitar a bit now.

Take care - Kellan